Sunday, April 3, 2011

The stuff in your pockets?


This is the first year that I have done anything for the celebration of Lent. I have given up carbonated drinks for the 40 days (46 if you count Sundays too) leading up to Easter. It has not been an easy task for me but I have been able to do it. I have had help along the way to ensure I stick to it. (thanks Felicia and Kim S!) The idea is to give up something that you long for in order to be closer to God. To break the routine of worship that a lot of us fall in to. Is it working? I have felt better for one so I guess the health benefits are a plus. I have had better communion with Him. I feel more in His presence than I can ever remember too. I am in self denial in order to gain from Him. Penance and Prayer, I have made extra effort to read and study the Word daily. This is going to be a blessing to me and my family. If you have never tried fasting of any kind and long for a closeness to God, by all means, do it. Notice I did not say try I said do....That is a post all unto itself for a later time.

No comments: