Tuesday, January 4, 2011

Brick by brick

When I received my salvation, it was like a ton of bricks had been lifted off of me. I was young somewhere around twelve, when this happened. Over the years I placed all of those bricks back one by one. Somewhere around a year ago, I rededicated my life to the Lord. The bricks were gone again. I felt on top of the world and on fire for Christ. Slowly the bricks started coming back again. I was losing my way and I knew it. I attended church every Sunday, Wednesday and any other time the doors were open but still the bricks were there. Then it hit me, the bricks will always be there as a reminder of who I was and who I am now. It is up to me how I stack the bricks; how I let the bricks block my way. It took being hit by one of these bricks recently to realize this. My pastor was giving a sermon on regrets and what we regretted from the past year and how to fix these regrets.
As I sat there and listened to the sermon I realized that I had lost my focus. I was rather upset with myself for letting this happen. I resolved that I know that I will struggle in my walk but that I will strive to realize when I am struggling and seek help. We cannot walk alone. Christians need fellowship and need to build each other up, need to hold each other accountable.

No comments: